November Blog

Service hours: 4

Total: 12


This month, the module that stood out the most to me was the cardiology section. I was surprised by how much I really enjoyed it, and that showed through in my grades. After we had those lectures, I read more into the field of cardiology, and it is something that I could see myself wanting to practice in the future. One of the things I did to investigate it was listen to “Specialty Stories,” which is a podcast by Dr. Ryan Gray. In one of the episodes he was talking to a pediatric congenital heart surgeon and I was fascinated the entire time. In another episode, he talked to a Med-Peds physician, trained by Tulane, which I found even more interesting considering I could do that, and then do a cardiology fellowship after and be triple boarded. This is the most excited I have been about something since my acceptance. Speaking of, I did not hear anything from any of the school I applied to, during the month of November and I am starting to get a little concerned.

Looking forward to December, we are about to start the GI/Neoplasia module which I am very excited about as well. This is a very personal topic to me as my mom recently went into remission from cancer, my grandfather was a gastroenterologist, and I have worked in an endoscopy clinic. 

I was also able to complete 4 hours of service with the Crisis Text Line as a volunteer counselor. I was hoping for a lot more but with the situation with my landlady, I will take what I can get. I am moving out of my apartment on Saturday, and it cannot come soon enough. I hope to be able to complete many more hours this month.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Blog

December Blog

February Blog