February Blog

 This month, we focused on pain medications and reproductive medications mainly. I thought it was extremely interesting to learn about most of the reproductive lessons because that is not something that I really had much experience with before. I really had not realized how much of a decision-making process there is when women are choosing what birth control to go on. I talked to my girlfriend at the end of the module, and she was able to educate me more about the stress that goes into figuring out which pill is right for you as well as the early age some women start them for other reasons. 


Mardi Gras season has really been kicked into high gear lately and it has been a lot of fun watching the city really come to life with celebration. It is my first Mardi Gras season in New Orleans, and it is unlike anything I expected. So far, my favorite parade has been Krewe Du Vieux. I really thought it was great that there was a parade for the people to air their grievances with anything from city government to Entergy and even NFL referees. My second favorite parade would have to be Krewe of Bacchus. One of my friends has a float in it and he was able to tell me about everything that goes into getting Mardi Gras ready. 


I was busier than I expected this month so I think this week break will be much needed. One of my classmates has suggested helping recycle beads in the city and I think that will be a good way to get a few service hours as well as continuing to get involved with Crisis Text Line.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Blog

December Blog